FAQ – Sedona Information
"Which hotels do you pick up from?"
We pick up from all Sedona, Village of Oak Creek and Oak Creek Canyon hotels. Flagstaff pick up is limited to the following hotels: -
- Marriott Courtyard Suites – 2650 S Beulah Blvd. (928) 774-5800
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Flagstaff – 1175 W Rte 66 (928) 773-8888
- Drury Inn & Suites 300 S. Milton Rd (928) 773-4900
- Embassy Suites Hotel 700 S Milton Rd (928) 774-4333
- AmeriSuites – 2455 Beulah Blvd. (928) 774-8042
- Comfort Inn – 2355 Beulah Blvd. (928) 774-2225
- Days Inn – 2735 S Woodland Village Blvd. (928) 779-1575
- Baymont Inn & Suites Flagstaff – 2005 S. Milton (928) 773-1300
- Hampton Inn & Suites – 2400 Beulah Blvd. (928) 913-0900
- Hilton – 350 W Forest Meadows (928) 226-8888
- La Quinta – 2015 Beulah Blvd. (928) 556-8666
- Motel 6 – 2745 S Woodland Village Dr (928) 779-3757
- Quality Inn – 2000 S. Milton Rd. (928) 774-8771
- Ramada Limited – 2755 S Woodland Village Blvd. (928) 773-1111
- Sleep Inn – 2765 S Woodland Blvd. (928) 556-3000
If you stay at a Flagstaff hotel that is not on our list, you can meet the bus at another Flagstaff location.
"What should I bring and what should I wear for my trip to the Grand Canyon?"
You should wear comfortable shoes, a hat to keep your head protected from the sun, sunglasses, and sunscreen. It may be cool in the early morning or evening and can get very hot in the afternoons. A light shirt, shorts and a rain jacket are recommended in warmer months. It does rain in Arizona so you may also want to carry an umbrella. Light day packs are great for carrying everything you will need and for filling up with all of the wonderful souvenirs that you will find at the many gift shops. Of course, don’t forget your camera with plenty of film.
For those going on the Colorado River Rafting Adventure, please wear shoes that are ok to get wet. There will be an opportunity for swimming; swimsuits & towels are optional.
"What will the temperature be at the Grand Canyon?"
Spring and Fall weather is extremely unpredictable. Be prepared for sudden changes in the weather during these seasons. Summer temperatures on the South Rim are relatively pleasant (50°s – 80°s F / 10°s – 20°s C). Inner canyon temperatures are often extreme. Daytime highs often exceed 100° F / 38° C. In the winter you can expect cold weather and possibly snow.
|Grand CanyonSouth RimWeather Averages||AverageHigh – °F||AverageLow – °F||AvgPrecip (in)||AvgSnowfall (in)||AvgSnow Depth (in)|
|Grand CanyonInner GorgeWeather Averages||AverageHigh – °F||AverageLow – °F||AvgPrecip (in)||AvgSnowfall (in)|
"What is your cancellation policy?"
Great West Adventure Co. reserves the right to charge up to full fare for no shows. If all or part of your party cancels with less than 48 hours notice you will not receive a refund (parties of 7 or less). Full refunds will be given for if Great West Adventure Co. is given more than 48 hours notice.
- There is a 48 hour cancellation policy for parties of 8 or more. If all or part of your party cancels with less than 48 hours notice you will not receive a refund. Full refunds will be given if Great West Adventure Co. is given more than 48 hours notice.
- Refunds will be given for cancelled tours due to extreme weather. No refunds for inclement weather during tour.
- Customers who miss their scheduled pickup will not receive a refund.
"I am traveling with a young child. Do I need to bring my own car seat?"
We require that all children 4 and younger be in a car seat. You may bring your own or we can provide one for you. If you would like to use one of our car seats please let us know in advance so we can reserve one for you.
"I have trouble walking. Are wheelchairs available?"
Yes. We have a wheelchair on the bus at all times. Let us know if you may need it and we will reserve it for you.
"I am uncomfortable giving my credit card information online. Is your site secure?"
Yes. Our reservation page is a secure page. Your credit card information is safe. If you prefer to make your reservation on the telephone, be sure to let us know that you found us on the web and you will still receive the internet discount.
"I can’t decide between the Colorado River Rafting Adventure and the Grand Experience Tour. What do you suggest?”
If you have not already seen the Grand Canyon, then choose one of our Grand Canyon tours. The Colorado River Rafting is above the Grand Canyon in Glen Canyon. This tour focuses more broadly on the Northern Arizona area, whereas our Grand Canyon tours focus almost entirely on the Grand Canyon. You will not see the Grand Canyon from the rafting tour. The river rafting tour is a wonderful compliment to one of our Grand Canyon tours, and it’s a lot of fun! Plus, if you reserve both tours you will save 10% off of each tour!