Next, we will board the historic, century-old Grand Canyon Railway. Be entertained by cowboy characters and enjoy the tunes of strolling musicians as train travel from the early 1900s is recreated during the scenic 65-mile journey to the canyon. The train offers wonderful views of the San Francisco Peaks and rolls through valleys filled with wildflowers, dense pine forests, high desert plains and small canyons. Grand Canyon Railway is still one of the best ways left to experience the old west. The train arrives just steps from the Grand Canyon’s South Rim. You will have free time to shop, dine or just take in the incredible canyon views. Then your Great West Tour guide will meet you in the bus and take you to the East Rim to a few more great lookouts. As we drive out the East exit we will drive along the Little Colorado River Gorge into the Navajo Nation. Here we will stop at the Historic Cameron Trading Post before returning to your resort. You will have the opportunity to browse the Native American artwork and shop for souvenirs. A great day in the west!
- Please note that you do not see the Grand Canyon from the train. You will see the Grand Canyon after you arrive at the South Rim.
- Complimentary pickup in Sedona or Flagstaff (limited Flagstaff pickup)
- Fun, informative narration by our knowledgeable guides
- On-board informational video See the Oak Creek Canyon (with Sedona departure), the tallest peak in Arizona, and the Little Colorado River Gorge Explore the magnificent South & East Rims of the Grand Canyon
- Lunch is on your own at Grand Canyon Village Shop at the Historic Cameron Trading Post on the Navajo Nation
- One way, 65 mile ride on the historic Grand Canyon Railway (return by bus)
There are 4 different options for this tour when riding the train:
- First Class
- Parlor (children under 16 not permitted)
- Dome Car (children under 16 not permitted)
Discover Unlimited Beauty
Cancellations for day tours and excursions must be received at least 48 hours in advance of departure. However, please note for the following exceptions:
Colorado River Float Trip Tour: 7 day prior cancellation notice, no exceptions.
Grand Canyon Train Tour: 72 hour prior cancellation notice, no exceptions.
We recommend trip cancellation insurance for all travelers. Cancellation details for any custom tour program will be contained in your group contract. Please refer to your contract for details. Cancellations must be received in writing or by facsimile to Arizona Tour & Travel Group.